The Network Technician / Administrator will be responsible for day to day support of network infrastructure equipment, including; installing, configuring, performing monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting switches, routers, firewalls, access points and other network equipment necessary to meet business demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A NETWORK TECHNICIAN / ADMINISTRATOR
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network equipment.
- Assist with developing and/or revising written operating procedures.
- Maintain proper records of hardware, software and network configurations using Microsoft Visio.
- Provide daily and weekly updates regarding outstanding issues and work progress
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace. (i.e.: Seeks to understand changes; maintains positive attitude when dealing with change; makes appropriate behavioral adjustments when needed.)
Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. (i.e.: Responds quickly; takes independent action; goes above and beyond)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A NETWORK TECHNICIAN / ADMINISTRATOR
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in an IT related curriculum or a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideal candidate will possess: